Monday, March 4, 2013

Vintage Lace


I was so inspired when I saw Amelia Breytenbach's DT card for the Sugar Creek Hollow latest challenge to use Lace, that I hauled out my box of vintage lace and scratched till a piece of lace 'spoke' to me.

I knew that I wanted something soft and romantic and went into my file of printed vintage images and found this lovely background I bought from 'Made by Janet' in her Etsy store. 

Front of the Card
Next was how to use it and my eyes fell on the fabulous new Spellbinders Marvellous Squares set that was on my desk and I challenged myself to use as many of the die cuts from this set as I could. That I almost managed, but for one square, but am totally thrilled with the card. I even managed to cut little bits out of the small strip of lace left over and am thrilled that I did not waste any of this fabulous lace.

The sentiment is from a set from Whimsy that is so special. I cut out lace and used this here again. 

 I distressed some seam binding Amelia sent me and placed it in the top corner with a lovely velvet flower. You can also see some of the delicate bits of lace I cut out and placed over the corner of the center cut out.  So delicate!
This bottom corner also has a little motif I cut out of the left over.
Do you see the little pearls I placed onto the lace flower?
You can see the little pearls I placed in the center of the Forget-me-nots.

A peep into the inside of the card.



Well, I seem to be back on the Vintage kick again, but I have not given up on the CAS!

Watch this space.......


5 comments:

  1. So beautiful, I adore your vintage lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awhhhh, the inside is sooooo sweet! Stay with the vintage for a bit, I love it and cannot wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How romantic and gorgeous! Love how you used the pieces...fabulous (-:
    So glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
    Linda SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really stunning creation Moz! Every element is beautiful including that vintage lace. So pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow Lovely Lace Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

    PS I am so glad I was the inspiration Moz. Hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty i love your colors...soft and gorgeous...so happy to see you at sch this week...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz