Saturday, November 16, 2013

Angel Tag

Hello everyone!! Welcome to my DT post for Sugar Creek Hollow!

This fortnight the challenge theme # 74 is "Vintage Tags & Boxes" which could be for Christmas!

This was absolutely perfect for me as I do a Vintage Christmas Tag theme every Christmas for myself, to add to my Christmas Stash and I could add this tag to it as well!

Vintage Angel Tag, using a Digital Collage Studio Image!

I chose a delightful Angel from Digital Collage Studio and printed and fussy cut her out and molded it with embossing tools and a foam pad. This helps create dimension. I set it aside and went to work on the tag.

I started this project with a beautiful red tag cut out of a metallic finish card - stunning! But, what was I thinking of?? It really was far too bright so I had to quieten it down with Gesso, but only after I had done some playing around with my new Wendy Vechi Translucent Embossing Paste and Tim Holtz 'Rays' stencil. The effect was stunning, but not right for the end result I needed, so I took the Gold Embossing Paste and lay the stencil down again and filled in between the translucent rays with the gold paste. Wow, absolutely stunning again, but not right for this tag..... I was feeling really depressed as I so wanted the rays, so out came the Gesso and I lay the stencil down again, covering up the gold and laying down the Gesso onto the translucent rays. A real waste, but I was happy with the result. If you look on the right side you will see these 'rays' peeping through the gauze. On closer inspection, you will see how rich and opulent the gold really is! I can't wait to play some more with these pastes and stencils. 

OK, back to the tag. Once I was happy with the 'rays' I lay some gauze down and positioned the Angel. It was getting better all the time. I found a die cut on my desk and cut it in half and positioned it behind the Angel's head, and touched it with Gesso, to soften the brightness, added some rhinestones and was happy to leave it like that. 
A close up of the head fan and wings!


Into the box with scraps of lace and out came the flowers and the lovely strip I placed at the bottom. Both so perfect, I was thrilled.


It still needed something. I had these awesome rhinestones so onto the project they went. 
If you know my work, it is no secret that I seldom use lots of flowers. The odd one here and there, but never a big bunch on a card, so it came as a surprise to me that I had put together this little 'posy' and it looked good and so pretty!


The stunning lace and sweet posy on the tag.

So dear friends, this is my take on the Challenge this fortnight. I do hope you will join in the fun and upload your project for us all to see. Please do visit my 'teamies' links to their blogs on the right side of this post.

Another bit of news is that we have a Guest Designer playing along this week. Her name is Bonnie and her blog is Making Time 2 Craft  Please do pay her a visit to see what she has been up to - a very inspiring blog!

I'm looking forward to visiting your blogs once you have posted your entry.
Have a wonderful weekend and keep creating!

Hugz
Moz

9 comments:

  1. WOW, Moz! This is one GORGEOUS tag!
    So many fabulous details. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Angel tag is Stunning... Love the image & lace....Simply Beautiful...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic image, love all the super details on your beautiful tag.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic tag Moz! Great detailing and techniques - love the die cut "halo" behind the angel's head. Enjoy your week.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Moz! Your hard work paid off---this is an absolutely beautiful tag! You used the right adjective: opulent. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Moz, you outdid yourself here! Gorgeous layers!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz