Our sponsor for this challenge is our very own Heather A. Hudson a.k.a. "My Artistic Adventures". Heather has an Etsy store where she sells her amazing designs. Please do pop over for a visit at her store.
If you love Vintage and Shabby Chic, you will find images that will delight you! Heather is sponsoring 3 COLLAGE SHEETS from her Etsy Shop as the Random Winner Prize from all the entries received in this challenge, so please, get creating and link your entry at Sugar Creek Hollows blog!
Here is my take on 'Spring Flowers' using the Collage Sheet from Heather. I decided to stay with the hearts theme that the sheet presented and made a card that could be used for a Spring Wedding or Engagement.
I decided to make a pocket card with a tag insert. The pocket inner was stamped with a script stamp and the edges were distressed and inked with the same color.
I knew I had to use lace to compliment this lovely image and was thrilled to find this stunning piece of lace in my lace box. It is so soft and pretty and suited the project perfectly. I attached the lace to the front of the pocket and flapped the top corner of the pocket over and secured it underneath the large heart, that had been distressed and mounted onto a scalloped heart shaped mat.
The top and side edge of the pocket was decorated with a heart border die and a few mini pearls were added to them. I created the stick pin using a heart shaped pearl pin threaded with seam binding, a rose and several small pearls, and attached it to the heart. A couple of extra die cuts adorned the card.
The sentiment is from set I've had in my stash for years and it was perfect for this card.
|A close up of the heart and the lace on the tag.|
|The tag top.|
|The pocket card with the tag peeping out of it!|
I hope you will be inspired to join in this challenge!
Products used on this card:
- Collage Sheet from My Artistic Adventures
- Seam Binding - Turquoise
- Memory Box Die - Madera corner
- Memory Box Die - Heart Border
- Cheery Lynn Die - Doily
- Joy Die - Birds and Heart
- Sizzix Hearts #2 and Hearts Scalloped #2
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Tag and Bookplates Die
- Stampin Up - Soft Suede Ink Pad
- Hero Arts Old French Writing H2365 Stamp
- From the Heart Sentiment from my stash
- Paper Roses
- Lace, pearls and pin from my stash
I am entering my card into the following Challenges:
- Fussy and Fancy Blog - #88 'Anything Goes' ends 16 May
- Creative Belli Blog - # 168 'Spring' ends 8 May
- Fashionista Challenge # 15 ends 25 May
- Sandy's Crafty Creations - Anything with Flowers ends 31 May
- Inky Chicks - #3 Shabby chic ends 12 May
- Our Creative Corner - Anything Goes ends 31 May