For me, it meant that I was to find almost everything in a 'used' or 'left over' state and put them together in a project. I needed a Sympathy card so used this as a starting point, and also went looking for a sketch which I followed loosely.
The image was stamped in brown and I colored it in using Distress Inks and softened the starkness of the cream card with Antique Linen Distress Ink.
The background paper was just big enough for me to cut the square, with enough left over for me to use the flip side and punch the scallop edge, which I also distressed with ink, lightly. A scrap of lace just fitted across this border so I attached it and added a few pearls to the scallop centers.
I also found a Doily that had been pre-cut and used that behind the image, to partially show on the left side, as the right side was embellished with a die cut using the leftover strip of the mount card I had found. I used 4 metal corners, painted, out of my stash. The sentiment was stamped onto a pre-cut tag and distressed with ink to soften the starkness of the cream.
|The inside of the card with a lovely|
For me, this was a challenge that I tackled, determined not to break out anything new and was very chuffed with myself having achieved a pretty card, playing by the rules.
Please pop over to my teams blogs - links on the right of this post - and check out their creativity. I hope this inspires you to enter our challenge!
I am also entering my card into these challenges:
- Crafty Calendar - Blooms and Blossoms - 31st May
- Krafty Hands - Flower Frenzy - 31st May
- Our Creative Corner - Anything Goes - 28th May
- Country View Crafts - How does your Garden Grow - 31st May
- One Crazy Stamper - Flowers - 31st May
- The Cupboard Trilogy - Spring Flowers #11 - 31st May
Products used on my card - to the best of my knowledge, as they were all in the Stash/Scraps box:
- Stampelglede - Vintage Garden Stamp
- Sentiment - unknown, but a favorite set
- Dies - Marianne, PTI, Cherry Lynn and Spellbinders
- Martha Stewart Scallop Punch
- Memento Cocoa Ink Pad
- Adirondak Acrylic Paint - Hazelnut
- Pearls and lace from stash.