Sunday, August 29, 2010


I finally got around to inking up this beautiful stamp from Crafty Individuals. I stamped it using Momento Black and coloured with my Copics. I mounted onto red, then black and finally mounted onto a red card. I had this lovely velvet flower ribbon in my stash and used a bit of bling to add the sparkle. I punched out the tag, mounted onto black and attached it with a black bow and a bling centre. I really enjoyed making this card.

Friday, August 27, 2010


I have started a new project at art classes. I need to work with yellows - a difficult colour - and learn how to intensify, lighten, highlight, create contrasts and so on.
I chose a picture of gooseberries because then have not only a good spectrum of yellows, but bring in the green and orange shades as well. This was my first weeks work and below is where I am at present.....

this is going to be a very interesting exercise......

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Babies & Booties

My FDIL's sister gave birth to a beautiful little girl called Taylor. Being in the 'baby' mode, I could not resist another pair of booties - well they really are slippers! I made them out of washable felt, which I did not know was available until I checked with my favorite happy shop. I edged them in pink blacket stitch and added a cute heart shaped button. The card was made using a pack from W&M - these packs are such good value for money and the beauty is they co-ordinate so well.
I hope they like them - mum and daughter that is!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Same stamp, different take...

I had stamped off several of this lovely flower and decided to make another card with this image. I had also seen a card where they 'bugged' the nesties label and I thought how effective it was. So I tried it out with great success. I used the Labels 10 die cut and the Textile embossing folder. The flower was coloured with Copics and although you cannot see it in the photo, it had an iridescent wash as highlights, that just shimmer when it catches the light. Because it was late and I was tired I punched out a pre-printed computer generated sentiment, added three of Paola's beautiful pearls and whipped up a border on the edge of card using the Scor-pal. I just love the card and after all these years, now love the stamp!! Thanks for stopping by......

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tilly's Booties

When I saw the little booties featured on Tilly's blog, I was totally smitten! I am not a Gran nor do I have any little ones in my immediate family, but my dear friend Nirvani at work is a aunt again - see earlier post with the photo-card I made for her with the little on one it. So, who needs an excuse to make things this cute? Just need someone to give it to.  So I contacted Tilly and she so kindly gave me the link to download the pattern from. Next, what to make them out of. Being the practical girl I am, it needed to be easy to wash and have nothing on them that may harm a sweet little person, so to the rescue came Maureen, with scraps of polar fleece left over from her thousands of doggie jerseys she churns out each winter! I tried to find pieces that were not too busy, and cut them out. So very easy to make up. Then what to adorn them with?? Out came the crochet hook and what a job to match the pinks. Who would believe there are so many different shades of pink and yes, you guessed right, nothing I had in my stash toned in with my little booties. Off to the habby shop and found a close enough match and whipped up these little flowers. I took the booties off to work to give to Nirvani and what a stir they caused in the office. All the girls went all gooey over them - positively drooled and cooed and started talking that strange baby language we all use in such moments of weakness! They were wrapped, opened and re-wrapped several times before the day was over. By now they will be with the sweet little one and I hope the love they were made with, will help keep the precious little feet snug and warm!
Thank you Tilly, for sharing and bringing such happiness to me and mine!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Red Onions & Garlic

I started this project the first week in June and I have blogged it's progress. This was taken on 4th June. I had just laid down the colours of the onion.

The next step found me working on the dark's and lights in the onions and also getting the garlic's colours laid down. You an see the progress in the onions at this stage by comparing the two photo's.
After I was satisfied with the onions and garlic it  was time to work on the knife. I must say I struggle a lot with how dark to go, but Linda keeps telling me more, more, more......

and yes, she was right! One has to be sure that there is enough contrast to define your object.
Well, the pictures of the peppers and this project are now in Cape Town and I hope to help the kids select a frame and frame it up for them when we are down for the week-end later in the month.
I have started another project in yellows and greens......
It is going to be a very interesting journey and I will share my progress with you.
I hope you found this interesting.
Thanks for stopping by.....

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oops! I missed a birthday.....

One of the girls in the office had a birthday recently and I missed it somehow. Fortunately I had the flowers all coloured in with Copic's and cut out, found the Fleur-de-lis label in my 'precut dies' drawer and fortunately had a belated greeting stamp. All this one morning before I left for work, hence no ribbon and bitties, but, it was well received, and my apologies accepted!
Note to self - read your diary!!