Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Flourishes Gerber Daisies


Flourishes Gerber stamp set
 I bought this delightful set of stamps from Flourishes last year. They were constantly out of stock, so it was a long wait, but worth it.

What a delightful set to color. Not for the feint hearted, as there is a lot of shading needed to do it justice, and I could have spent at least another hour tweaking this image. No matter, I am rather chuffed with the outcome.

I used Copic markers and Prisma pencils on this image, although not too much pencil work - that would have increased if I had 'tweaked' it more.

This piece of card was just perfect for the image - not too busy, nor to bland. Just enough interest to add to the simple layout and dominating image.

I will probably enter it into the Timeless Tuesday Challenge on the Flourishes blog. Their theme is 'Red' and I am going to cross my fingers and hope that there is enough of their definition of 'Red' for it to qualify!

Thanks for the visit!



6 comments:

  1. VERY Pretty!! I have not even tried to use my stamp (very shy face)! Must find my mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ... and for sure a winner Moz! Lovely shading and such an elegant layout for this pretty image.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow Moz.... the coloring is absolutely gorgeous!! i love your shading... you must visit cape town and teach me a coloring trick or two

    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy your talent, I cannot colour or shade to save my life. I'm in awe .......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether it qualifies or not your coloring is outstanding.Your shading is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess who got this card? Me! Thank you so much Moz. Your colouring is perfection itself. Love all your cards and the vintage one is a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz