Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Frantic Stamper Happenings Sunday Sketch

I think you know how much I enjoy dealing with Frantic Stamper and have entered their challenges a few times in the past. I was delighted to see a Sketch posted this last Sunday and that I would be able to use one of the dies I won in their competition last year! I love these Precision Dies and making this card was a lot of fun. 



I don't often do many layers, but it was necessary to accomodate the sketch spec's.
I used a stamp from Crafty Individuals that was very vintage and based my card on that theme. I found this lovely double sided card stock in my 'left overs' pile and loved both sides of it.

The image was stamped using Versamark Sepia onto a cream shimmer card. The base of the card and the Series 1 Triple square was cut out of a soft beige card and I used strips of the patterned card to add a bit of interest to the frame. I also introduced the soft sage green card which picked up the stripes in the printed card, perfectly. For the band accross the middle of the card I went with a lace/trellis die from Marianne  and added a border on the top using a MFT Border Crown die and a strip of lovely vintage Daisy lace. The top left corner looked a little empty so using the same patterned card, I cut this Memory Box flourish and positioned it over the 'empty' corner. Everything was given a good going over with Distress Ink Tea Dye. The sentiment was mounted as a 'tag' and I prettied up the corners with these lovely metal trimmings from my friend Paola. She finds these amazing trimmings and thankfully shares them with me - thank you Paola! Also from Paola, were the 1mm pearls all over the card.

I have also decided to enter this card into the Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge # 49 - Metal Mania. Please follow the link to read up on this challenge - perhaps you would like to enter as well??

I was very pleased how this came together - a great sketch and fun to implement!
Why don't you give it a go??  Here is the link.

Thanks for the visit!

5 comments:

  1. I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E !!!!!!!!!!!
    Everything is just perfect! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Please enter your card in the Sugar Creek Hollow Metal Mania Challenge this week Moz. The card is perfect for the challenge but the only other thing is to take off word verification so that the DT can comment. Would love to see your card there.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! Thanks for the nudge. Am trying to do a few challenges as it helps one think out of the box.
      Hugz

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous vintage style card with beautiful details, Moz. What a stunning piece of work! Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow Metal Mania Challenge this week – hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugs,
    Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz