Friday, March 29, 2013

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge # 54

I had to sneak in this post as I wanted to enter this  Altered Box into the challenge and time was running out!

I was so greatly inspired by Amelia's Altered Tin that I went hunting down something to alter in the storage room. Well I found this heart shaped box, but was too embarrassed to take a photo of it in it's filthy state, so you will have to believe me that it is altered! After a huge clean up session, it was presentable enough to be worked on. I covered the box with gorgeous pink and white checked card, but it was too 'clean' looking so I 'vintaged' it up a lot with Distress Inks, Victoria Velvet and Vintage Photo and felt a lot happier about the colors. I then dug around in my scraps box for the bits of lace etc., but needed flowers and really did not want to used bought ones, so made my own! Very chuffed with how they turned out, so they got a bit of 'vintage' treatment as well. Out came the glue gun and I attached all the little bits of braid, lace and flowers with leaves I had die cut. Little ribbon rosettes out of seam binding (from Amelia) scraps, with pearl stick pins (from Paola) and a heart locket finished it off - so I thought! I had collected a parcel from the post office yesterday and in it was this lovely La La Land Heart Banner, so I die cut it, 'vintaged' it, snipped off one of the banners and attached it to the box. I then found those cute pearl heart shapes and attached them to the banners where the hearts were actually cut out.

I am delighted with the box and with a little treatment inside, it will be ready to hold a beautiful gift destined for a lovely lady!

Thanks for the visit and enjoy your Good Friday!



A close up of the flowers
Love this Heart Banner!

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Moz - it's breathtakingly gorgeous!!!! Some lovely lady is about to receive a masterpeice!
    Love
    Jen L
    Durban

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've don't it again! Beautiful....Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Moz! What a GORGEOUS creation!
    Every detail is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing creation. We would love to see it at Crafting By Designs, our current challenge is Anything Goes with a Twist: Vintage Spring and/or Spring and your project is perfect. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent. Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! I love the colors and all your flowers!! Gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek HOllow!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning piece of art Moz! Beautifully done with gorgeous details and colours.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous vintage creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly a masterpiece. I'm a sucker of all boxes and this one is the best I have EVER seen. I love the attention to detail Moz, you have outdone yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz