Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wedding invitations

A dear friend asked me to help her with her daughters wedding invitations. It was really special doing this as we have been friends, long before we had our children and have seen each other through the joys and heartache that comes with having children and husbands. We still 'summons' easy other for a coffee date when we need a shoulde,r or moral support in our lives. Anyway, over coffee last week I asked I she had any ideas in her head for the invitation and birds, cages and simple, seemed to be foremost in her mind. I had just been playing with all that she had mentioned so I could put it together in my head immediately. I left her and went home and put the following two samples together for her to look at. It was exactly what she wanted. We looked at more paper samples and changed from a background of navy or silver to a shade called Lustre. It's a cross between silver/gold/grey. Quite stunning. I will post a photo of it onto my blog later on.







This is the navy version she thought might work, but changed her mind.









This is the silver version - also changed her mind when she saw Lustre.







The two together.
I used the very same format as my son's wedding invitations last year. It is economical and very easy to put together. The embossing folder is Alfred's Birds. The cage is Poppystamps Vintage Cage. I created a slot on the branch and threaded a ribbon through the card stock and slipped the cage ring onto the ribbon and tied a bow. I anchored the cage at the bottom with a foam square. The insert will hold all the wedding details and as with my sons invitation, the directions map will be on the back of the insert.
Well, another convert to paper crafting - Charmaine went out and bought a Cuttlebug, embossing folders, tools etc. and she has only just started on this amazing journey, that will make everyone happy, most especially the vendors out there!
Happy creating dear friend!!






Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz