Friday, January 27, 2012

A Very Special Birthday Card for a Very Special Lady





My very dear friend Sally turns 80 today and I made her this card for the occasion.





I used Martha Stewart punches, Marrianne and Cheery Lynn dies and an embossing folder called Alfred's Birds on this card. It was not my intention to not use stamps, it just kind of went in that direction. I just loves the crispness of the white and red seemed the obvious choice to create an impact.
Maureen and I shared the expense of the gift for Sally and bought her a Spellbinders Motif set of dies as she love using her Cuttlebug and working 
with dies in particular. I could not find any suitable gift wrap in my stash so ended up making this packet for the dies. It started out being an A3 sheet of white card and as I worked on it, it turned into this




I actually used my set of the same dies to embellish the packet together with a Marrianne doily die and numbers from the Cuttlebug Olivia die set. Here is a close up of he medallion




Last Saturday the stamping group gave Sally a surprise party and spoilt her with gifts and lots of lovely food, good friends and laughter. Sally was overwhelmed by it all and had the best time!
I felt really blessed to have shared in this celebration and more blessed to have Sally in my life. Happy. Birthday dearest friend!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



1 comment:

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz