Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pencil Art

Sorry that the photo does not do the card justice -I really need to get up to speed with my photography!!
The technique is something different. Stamp onto black or dark cardstock using a chalk white stamp pad. It works better with a solid image stamp as you have to have the white base to work on. Make sure it is really dry - I leave it overnight or longer. Taking your coloured pencils just go ahead and colour on top of the white and shade the colours as you go! Really simple and so pretty. I mounted this image onto pink cardstock, both pieces cut with the rectangle nestie, added tabs of rather different ribbon - there were little suede bubbles on the ribbon and offset it onto the front of the card. Added Paola's pearls, as always and voila, a different card. Do try this technique - it is truly stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz