Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Birthday!!

My youngest son is 27 today!
Where have the years gone?? A gorgeous chubby red head burst into my world and has made it a better place to be. He is into Bonsai at present and  I thought this card would go down well. Unfortunately the stamp did not come out crisp and bright and possibly it is because of the background treatment that absorbed the ink. I used my new Dauber in Pearl from Carina's shop, added a couple of drops of  Distress ink, a spritz of water - all of this onto my non stick craft mat and smooshed the card into this and wiggled it around. Turned out beautiful - picture does not do it justice!
Used the lovely date stamp from Paola , highlighted the date and cut and mounted using Nesties for both the main image and circular one. Finished it off with that Japanese cord - cannot think of the name and was too tired to look for the instructions to tie a chinese knot, that they use this cord for! I know he will love it.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow!!! the card is gorgeous!!! i think it would be best to use Archival ink when you stamp over the technique? Especially if you use normal CS and not glossy. your son will LOVE it!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Moz. I am sure your son will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz