I needed to get more practise painting with Distress Inks so I printed out this Kenny K chick and cut her out using the spin off dies from Spellbinders called Shapez by Xyron. This die is the badge and I cut out a few of the stars from that die. I was pleased with the way the DI's blended and how you can achieve the subtle shading necessary for the face and hair with just a couple of colours.
Generally it worked out rather well and I am more than pleased with my efforts. I must say that I could settle with the DI's only if I did not have a choice, but since I already have so many colour mediums I would say that for me this would run a close, albeit much cheaper, second to Copic's.
I love the ease of the Copic pens, no mess or fuss, but can't say I was unduly stressed using these inks. I placed a drop of the colours I selected into a plastic pallet and labelled each one. It was easy to mix up with water on the side of each colour and much to my surprise the inks did not dry out for several days, even such a small amount. I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to place it into a plastic bag, seal it and keep it stored in a safe place between painting sessions. It mixed up with a tiny amount of water and was ready to go again. Very impressed am I!
Anyway, back to the card - I finally inked up a set from Anabelle's I won last year, and stamped, coloured and cut out the guitar.
I used the music stamp direct onto the dp which is still from my stash from Paola. The corners were punched with a punch bought years ago. It just suited this image.
I will most certainly be painting with the DI's again soon!