Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Housewife Fairy

Is she not the cutest fairy you have ever seen?
I wish I could be so happy whilst dusting and cleaning, never mind glamorous!
The background was created from scratch starting with Opale Wove Natural Shimmer board. Several Distress Inks were dotted around on a silicone craft mat and spritzed with water. The card was placed on top of this mess and 'smooshed' around so as to pick up all the ink. It was heat dried and then the process was repeated, so as to get a good layer of colours down. Next I placed the negative from a flourish I had cut out using the TH die Fancy Flourish and sponged on Victorian Velvet. A few smaller negative images were sponged on as well. Finally it was all spritzed with Perfect Pearls Mist in Pearl and left to dry. The seam binding ribbon was dyed with the inks as well. The lovely fairy was painted using Distress Inks and I was so very impressed with the turnout. Stickles was used on the wings and duster and all mounted onto the card with a flourish and a sentiment "Believe in Fairies" from LOTV. The lovely fairy is a digital image from Mo Manning. I just love Mo's work and they are a pleasure to colour. A very interesting Distress Ink exercise.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Love your colouring & how well that sweet flourish ties in with the image and the background (And the way you' have the circle sentiment tucked in there is TOO cute.)I need a fairy just like that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card!! So pretty and cute, the fairy is adorable. Fantastic job on the background.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send that fairy my way I have a huge pile of ironing!Fab card love the way the flourish and your beautiful background fit together.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog and have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Moz,I noticed in your email to me you had your blog link,so I thought I would stop over and have a look.Your creations are stunning and your colouring brilliant and WOW I must say your bears are SPECTACULAR......they are the most beautiful bears I have ever seen!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz