Friday, August 5, 2011

Sweet Birthday Wishes

A dear friend had a birthday recently and I just had to break out and do a SM card. Also, the beautiful heart dies from Nellie's Dies was begging to be used. 
I coloured Tilda with Copic's and practised my shading. Slowly getting there, but still need to work at it.
When I grow up I want to colour with Copic's like Paola!
The dp was a sheet from Paola I had in my stash. I mounted this onto a dusty pink card and wrapped some Copic dyed seam binding around the card and secured it with a stick pin I made using crystals and beads. Played with a double bow and think it worked ok. 
Tilda was cut out and placed in the bottom 'loop' of the heart and perched on the ribbon. The heart was cut out of shimmer white card and I removed the center of the big die so that there was a bit of colour popping through. I cut out the flourishes and mounted beautiful roses onto the swirls. A little bling and its was complete.
The bracelet was a gift made by Moi! 
She loved them both and we shared a lovely lunch and a catch up!


A peek at the 'dressed up' gift box the bracelet was in.
Sometimes the packaging over shadows the gift.... lol!

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful Moz, no wonder your friend loved it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fab job on this little card Moz, love your dble bow and the flowers are perfect
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful Moz, love the flower on the gift box.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz