Saturday, August 6, 2011

Engagement/Wedding Card

I added another vintage style card to my Engagement/Wedding Card 'portfolio'.
I used the lovely nude colour for the background and is perfect for the vintage look. I stamped Hero Arts Long Writing Background from Nikki at Paperchain using Memento Rich Cocoa, so it peeped through the gaps between the dp. This gorgeous dp was cut into strips and punched at the base using a EK Success punch and then I applied Tea Dyed Distress Ink around all the edges of the strips and the nude card.
The vertical strip of card was also nude card edge punched with another EK punch and shaded with DI Tea Dyed. I coloured the seam binding with Distress Inks and made a double bow, inserted a stick pin and a lovely bud I got from an overseas blog friend Viola. The sentiment was from Margie at Stamp 'n Stuff and embossed with copper embossing powder as was the Marianne flourishes.
I just loved creating this card. Funny, I feel more vintage coming on........ lol!

4 comments:

  1. Love it Moz. You ae doing vintage very nicely. Maybe I should just persevere with it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Moz. Great layout and lovely papers. Love the rosebud from Viola, also ordered from her but feel sorry to use them.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Moz. I love the vintage look & that layout rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz