Monday, March 7, 2011

Grace - From the Heart!



The kindness given, without expected reciprocation, by crafters is amazing!

I enquired through a crafting friend, Sheilagh, details of some products she had used on a RAK card she sent me, and she told me that it was via a friend in the USA, as the company who supplied the goods will not deal with South Africa. Sheilagh then suggested I contact Wendy to find out if she would help me. Well, Wendy went out of her way to get my order, not without complication from a very unfriendly company, and it arrived in the post, safe and sound.

We have continued to communicate and I enjoy her newsy emails. Having lived in Durban, she relates to all my updates and her new country of residence is a none ending source of interest to me. To hear about the snow blizzards whilst I am ready the email, with sweat running down my brow, sweltering in the February weather in Pietermaritzburg, is incomprehensible!

I made this card for Wendy to thank her for her kindness. It is a digital image called Grace, from Funkykits in the UK. So totally adorable, I could not resist her. I coloured her with my FC Polychromos pencils and blended it with the Lyra blending pencil. Cut her out using the Marianne Die LR0117, which you can now buy from Paola, mounted this onto some matching paper from a pad I had been hoarding from Sizzex - always so nice to find co-ordinating paper in one place! I used a Spellbinders Fancy tag and stamped the sentiment - I think a WOJ that Paola sent me awhile ago. Added some roses from Paola and some Seam Binding from Ameila that I had coloured using my Copic markers and the blending marker. Came together rather nicely. You can see I am working on being able to put together a girly cute card, but it does not come easy to me!

Thank you so much Wendy, for your kindness! I do so appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card. Moz. I love your beautifully coloured image, patterned paper and the fantastic die you used to frame te image. Great job.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Amelia X

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz