Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mother's & Father's Day Cards Published!

I was delighted to open my May/June edition of our local South African craft magazine CRAFTWISE, to find 6 of my cards published and a whole page to myself! WoW! Very chuffed!

A special thank you to Hayley from our RSA Group for coordinating this project in record time!

These are the cards that were published.





I was inspired by a Pinterest card, so unashamedly 'lifted' the design. Thanks to the creator of the card.


















The card on the right was inspired by a pad of time related paper I purchased from Country Crafts and my Tim Holtz Mini Gears set.



 I used the bleach technique on this card and a local stamp for the tools from Great Impressions.
The 'Dad' stamp was one I bought from Country Crafts and it is a Papermania stamp.






Kraft card stock is on my favorites list lately.
Perfect for the masculine card.
Just embossing with the Argyle embossing folder and a very elegant sentiment font with a bit of string and a button. Can't get simpler than that. 





Only two of my Mother's Day cards were chosen for publication and this is one. I used a Hero Arts stamp and a sentiment stamp I bought last year from Country Crafts. I colored the flowers with my Inktense pencils.













This vintage style card was one I had in my stash and fitted the bill perfectly. I love the image and so kept it as the focal point

8 comments:

  1. Hello, Moz! Congrats on being published; what a gorgeous array of cards. Your sweater card is just too cute! Great to "meet" you and I look forward to seeing more of your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Your spotlight is well-deserved

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Moz!....enjoy your cards are stunning!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moz, a BIG congratulations on being published!
    All of your cards are simply BEAUTIFUL!
    Kraft cardstock is also one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS to our very own CELEBRITY! These cards are stunning Moz! I've never bought a CRAFTWISE, but definately will be looking for one this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Moz! Very well deserved as you take such pride in creating your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Moz on a job well done! The cards are all stunning.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Again congrats , you are on a craft roll. tried to pick one favourite and I think it must be the Dad card .A hard decision.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz