Sunday, April 14, 2013

Daisy, Daisy give me your answer do.......

 I really enjoyed making these cards. I used the Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders One (S5-180)  and a MFT Die set for the daisies. The tag sentiment was from a Hero Arts set of four stamps - sorry do not have the set details.

The first card was cut using the plain edged die from the set. I loved the fact that I could cut through both the card stock and the beige medium weight paper together. The down side of this die is that using it square on, it will not fit through the Cuttlebug. I had to use the Big Shot, but in class I angled the die as per the card below and it went through fine. Just sharing....


The second card I cut the white card stock with the plain edged die that also left a little hole along the edge. The beige paper was cut with a die that also cut out a lovely pattern. 

There are six dies in the set and I have only used three of them here. There are two with different sized scallop edges and one that does not cut the edge, but a very pretty leaf pattern in the curved shape. Such a worthwhile set to add to your stash. 
This card was finished off with a stamp from Justrite.

I hope you are inspired to try out different edges on your cards.

Thanks for popping in!

4 comments:

  1. I was in that class and used the dies for the first time. The amount of effort to make this card is tiny ... With beautiful results! Thanks Moz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, elegant and stylish Moz. I must agree, the set is really beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration I am going to use my set more in future.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moz, these are some FABULOUS & BEAUTIFUL cards!
    Love the placement of the daisies & the pretty curved edge.
    Aren't dies so fun to use? Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz