Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy (Get Well) Stitches!

It has been a long while since I stitched on a card and the opportunity arose this week. A very dear blogging friend went into hospital for knee replacement surgery and I wanted a pretty, different card to send to her. I coloured this image with Distress Inks, then ran it through the Cuttlebug with a Happy Stitches die on top. I then pierced holes through the die template, removed it, and started stitching. There are several stitch patterns to use, but I chose the daisy one for it's simplicity and placed a tiny pearl in the center. I then cut it out and distressed the edges with Old Paper Distress ink and mounted it onto lovely dainty paper, also with scissor and DI distressing around the edges. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark Sepia ink onto a Spellbinders Tag and I used seam binding that had been coloured with the Old Paper Distress inks. The Happy Stitches die, dp and flat back pearls were all from Paola. She chooses the most amazing papers for me!






Below is a close up of the stitching.
I really love this card an I just know the recipient will as well.





















In case you had viewed this post earlier and it looks different, well it is, as the strangest thing happened. I was using my iPad and viewed my blog and noticed I had not filled in a subject, so proceeded to edit from the iPad. Well, it inserted the subject, no problem, but deleted my whole post! It is the second time it has happened. The first time I thought I had just done something weird, but now I know better. Will have to investigate this strange happening. Anyone have and ideas/solutions?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my this is sooooooooo gorgeous. Your friend will be better in no time.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. this is a GORGEOUS card!! all the detail. well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, I sure Amelia will love this one. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Moz

    What a beautiful card very unusual with the stitching, something that I have not tried. I also love the colours.

    Hugs,
    Marika

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz