Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lovely Dahlia's

Before I start working on a new swap, I normally put together all my options, make up samples and then decided what I want to go with. The last project caught me in a rather rebellious mood. Rather than conform with the 'expected' - as per this card - I went totally OTT. But that is another story......
I decided to use up my samples in cards and this is one. I stamped the background onto the light orange background using Versamark Watermark, masking the flowers, until I had filled the background. I then stamped off the flower using Memento Cocoa, coloured with Copic's and cut out. The flower is 3D'd. I cut up a doily and placed it into the corner, mounted the flower and leaves with foam squares and added my favorite sentiment on a nestie label.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!