Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wedding Invitations

In my last class we made these two invitations. After last month's very ethnic look, I went soft and romantic. 
This lovely green card is made out of the most divine Scented Daisy card. It was a joy to work with. I went with the popular flap type card, using a large die - 2-Die-4 118 Lge Bracket Rectangle, to create the flap that was attached to the back and embellished in the front. I added a layer of Space dust Vellum to both the top flap - cut with a smaller version of the flap die -and the bottom of the front, punched with a deep edged Martha Stewart punch. I added little blings to the center of the flowers on the vellum.
The top flap had a strip of bling attached and a triple bow with tails, made with the Bow Maker, placed in the center.
The picture below show the invitation opened. There is plenty of space to insert your invitation details.

This lovely invitation was made using the pink version of the Scented Daisy card. It too, was a big invitation, allowing for any extraordinary amount of details inside the invitation.
It is a tri-fold card that ties closed on the side of the card. On the front, I added a heart shaped doily with the bottom heart cut out to show the date printed on the insert. One could add names or whatever information you like, to this space.
A Martha Steward around the page punch set was used on the front of this card, with ribbon and rosebuds added.
The picture below shows the invitation opened with all the space available for details.


My portfolio of Wedding Invitations is growing!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Wish I could tie ribbons like that - my bows need practice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful Moz. They look complicated for a novice like me... So pleased your stash is growing. hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz