Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sadess as 2010 closes it's door....

My darling sister and family has to part with their beloved Butch, just before the new year.
He was an amazing white bull terrier - a real softie and totally adorable and lovable. He was getting on in years, and had developed arthritis which was really bad, in his spine and hips, and was in so much pain. Always a difficult decision to make, but one has to think of what is best for your furbaby.
I found this dogie paper in my stash and managed to pull this 5 " square card together. I searched high and low for my paw print stamps and then remembered that they were lent out and never returned....grrrr! I really must write down who borrows what and follow up on the return of same!
Anyway, I found a paw punch and that had to do as footprints on the heart. Unfortunately I could not get the paw prints to 'walk' across as the depth of the punch was limited. Below is the message I inserted and I cry every time I read it, as we have lost a very old - 17 years - little poodle last year and our 17 1/2year old Schnauzer is on borrowed time, so it will soon me relevant for us
.
To my family

I just wanted to let you know that I made it home.
The journey wasn't an easy one, but it didn't take too long.
Everything is so pretty here, so white, so fresh and new!
Wish that you could close your eves and that you could see it too.
Please try not to be sad for me.
Try to understand God is taking care of me...
I'm in the shelter of His hands.
Here there is no sadness, no sorrow, and no pain.
Here there is no crying and I'll never hurt again.
Here it is so peaceful where all the angels sing.
I really have to go for now.....
I've just got to try out my wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz