Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lilac Flutterby

My niece had her 18th birthday yesterday. Where have the years gone? I found this lovely paper at the Mall and thought it would be nice to use for her card. I only realised when it was finished that I had not stamped at all! I did however, use my Cuttlebug to cut the numbers and the butterfly as well as the scalloped border with my new Nesties. The butterfly was cut out of a medium weight silver foil, embossed and then painted with a lilac acrylic paint. I left it to dry and then lightly sanded the high spots so that the silver could show through. Here is a closer shot of the butterfly......I then added sheer ribbon, a lovely bow and lots of bling!! Just to add to the girly theme, a gift card to go shopping with, was popped inside!! What more could an 18 year old ask for??

1 comment:

  1. Its beautiful Moz, we as card makers dont HAVE to stamp, only if you belong to RSA, he he
    smiles
    Paola
    P.S: sure your niece loved it

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz