Monday, April 12, 2010

Magnetic Birthday Bookmarks

My online stamping group has a birthday list that you may choose to belong to and basically this is a R.A.K. (random act of kindness) and you can send cards to all, or whoever you choose to on this list, acknowledging birthdays. Having been a receipient last year, I now know how exciting your birthday becomes, when you are treated to such beautiful birthday cards. Your birthday seems to go on, and on, and on, as they keep coming, some months before the date, and some after the date - yes, I'm one of the guilty one's. Nevertheless, they are all made with lot's of love. This year I decided to make birthday bookmarks for the birthday girl's and boy, as I am forever trying to find a way of making/giving something beautiful, but useful, as a gift. I used a lovely shimmer card cut to size, then using my nonstick sheet, dabbed Distress Ink pads randomly onto the sheet, using colours that if they met up, would not go muddy, so I chose Mustard Seed and Broken China. I then spritzed the sheet with a fine mist of water, dabbed the stamp onto it and stamped onto the bookmark. The stamp is a favorite of mine - Hero Arts cling mount Dandelion Frame. I decided to place a little butterfly onto it, as this would stay fairly flat and not ruin the books pages. I used the Martha Stewart Stamp and Punch set and stayed with the same colour scheme. Inside, see picture below, I placed a little 'inchie' birthday wishes and the magnetic strips that 'pinch the page' and wrote a birthday message for the receipient. I thought it was a very useful, different 'card' idea.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful practical card/gift Moz. Well done. Where do you get the magnetic strips from?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz