Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mother's Day Card

Hello all! I'm still around, albeit not very active on the blog these last few months. It's been a very busy time and sadly the blog was at the end of the 'list of things to do', only because of editing etc. You will understand if you are a blogger. Anyway, I'm hoping to do a catch up, but please forgive me if I don't fill in all the details, as most of the cards I will share were all done some time ago.

I thought I would start with the Mother's Day card I taught this year. Of course, what better color combo than pink and white and the softness of ribbon and pearls?


I tried to capture the 'cameo' look and embossed the image, which I think is from Flourish, using white embossing powder and then worked in the Distress Inks, Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet with Worn Lipstick around the edges. 




The die I used for the frame is a Joy Crafts Oval die 6002/0258.The center cuts out, but I replaced it and there is another oval with a scalloped edge which I used to cut out the image and placed it back on top of the center oval.

The embossing folder has butterflies down the left side and down along the base. It is the Sizzix Butterfly Migration folder and one of my favorites. Of course a bigger butterfly had to be added as well!



I used seam binding, which I colored with the distress inks and tied a double bow using my Bow Easy. The sentiment is on a tag from PTI. The tag has a little heart cut out and I found a dainty pearl heart to place over the die cut.

I will be using this design again and would like to try it in a duck egg blue, which I think would look so pretty!

Thanks so much for popping in for a visit. I hope you have enjoyed my card.
Warm hugz and God Bless!
Moz

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Moz, the embossed image is lovely. Good to see your cards again.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you again Moz! Your card is so refined and very stylish, love the pink, it's such a pretty shade! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favourite Bloggette!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful card, I like the the layout and the colours.
    LG Petra

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very nice card!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz