Sunday, September 15, 2013

....more than a Pin Cushion

A very dear friend had a birthday last week and whilst we don't exchange gifts as a rule, I was making this little number and thought it would be so nice to give it to her on her birthday! Some people are worth the extra mile and deserve a little spoiling, not only because they are really nice people, but because they make you feel special too!

Not just a pretty face...



I fell in love with this pin cushion when I stumbled upon it on my travels. It is so nifty and comes in several sizes, this being the medium size version. I am busy with the jumbo version right now, and will blog about it when it is complete. What I love about this is that you can insert all sorts of goodies that need to be 'contained' whilst you are working on your projects. It can hold your scissors, thimble, crochet hook, nail file, darning needles etc. and of course pins of all sizes! How clever it that!

......I'm more than a pin cushion!

I chose to make it up in soft pretty colors and then decided to add some felt flowers to pretty it up. It was also an experiment of sorts as I am trying to find dies that are small enough for me to die cut flowers with for future felt projects lolling around in the grey matter! Any suggestions as to what dies do work, the smaller the better, would be so appreciated. I'm really battling to source information in this area as the ladies who do this kind of work don't speak English and whilst they appear to want to help, we can't communicate! Drat!! Anyhow, digress I do, once again....    

I used the Cheery Lynne Mini Rose die to cut these flowers out with and they do work well. I cut the felt without any trouble at all and I assembled the flowers with a little pearl in the center to finish it off.
Sweet little felt flowers.

The card was one I made for a DT post and so suitable as my friend is an excellent seamstress and could really appreciate the card.  I made the envelope using my Envelope board and it worked out fantastically well. So chuffed with this board. I prettied the envelope up with a rose I made using the Susan's Gardens Rose die for the first time. It worked out so well, so now I need to get down and make lots more, this time shading the petals for more depth.

All ready for delivery!
...sew special!

Stunning rose, and my first attempt! Shows you how easy
it is when you use the right materials!
All in all, a lovely diversion making all these little bits for a very special person!

Thanks for popping in and have a great week ahead!

Hugz
Moz

6 comments:

  1. Your friend is lucky to be receiving such a wonderful gift and beautiful card. You are so talented Moz. Have a great day! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful Moz! Your friend will love this wonderful pincushion and card. The rose is gorgeous- job well done.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Moz, such a special gift and card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Moz, these are all so special! You went with some really pretty and feminine colours, I love it! That pin cushion is just too beautiful, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute gift Moz. I am sure your friend will love it. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pin cushion is stunning! I cannot wait to see what all the jumbo version will hold. I was thinking how cool this would be to hold craft items. But I imagine the cutting knife doing some damage. Umh ... just one more idea for you to wrestle with. Well done on your project, full marks with a smiley face!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz