Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Sock Pattern

I was given a new sock pattern last week and just had to try it out. I am very comfortable knitting on 4 or 5 needles, but can understand how uncomfortable this can be for others, so this pattern, knitted on 2 needles was worth trying out.


 The picture above is the cuff. As I am knitting in cotton and it can stretch, I decided to do this cuff in single rib down to the ankle. You can see where the split into three is. You knit on the centre stitches for the foot upper and cast off for the toe, as below.
 Below,is the back, where the heel is worked and then knitted down to the toe.

I have finished one sock, but not yet sewn it up and am on the second sock at present. I am interested to see the finished sock and how it compares to knitting in the round. Certainly has been a quick process.
Keep checking back if you are interested in see the finished pair. Won't be long now.

2 comments:

  1. Moz this takes me back many years. I think I knitted something similar for my boys when they were little. My Mom was a big knitter of socks, fair isle jerseys etc, and I got the pattern from her. Interested to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Moz, you do so many crafts and is so talented! I can't knit but will be back to see the final result.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz