Friday, July 13, 2012

Window Gate Fold Card

I wanted a 'different' card for a friend for her birthday and came across a card on my 'travels' that I thought I could adapt to my needs. I try to keep my cards a standard size so this fits into a C6 envelope.


The front of the card was covered with a simple black and white check and the window was die cut using a 2-Die-4 die, Rectangle shape 10. 
I die cut the flower using a PTI Daisy die and the lovely delicate leaves are Marianne dies from Joan at Country Crafts.


 


The sentiment I have had for a very long time, and don't remember where it came from.
I stamped it onto black card stock, using Versamark Watermark ink pad and embossed it with white embossing powder.
Using a bigger size of the above mentioned die, I cut the sentiment out and then using bright pink card stock I traced around the die and cut it out with a craft knife. This gave me the narrow edge I wanted. They were attached and mounted onto the center of the inner card and a ribbon loop and tail was affixed underneath, for a bit of colour and interest.
A few 'blings' added to the front and inside of the card finished it off.


I really like this idea and will be using it again I am sure!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! your cards are always so well turned out, as for that paper i gotta have it now too, wanna know where its from, lol
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, such a striking card Moz! The combination of black, white and pink is beautiful. Your friend will love this card for sure.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz