Sunday, July 31, 2011

70th Birthday Card


On Friday the 29th I was invited to share in the celebration of Pat's milestone birthday, at our beautiful Botanical Gardens in Pietermaritzburg.
We had the most amazing high tea with her family and friends, who traveled from far and wide. It was a very special occasion and needed a very special card to go with it. I used a pre cut card and covered it with beautiful rose dp, because Pat loves roses. I cut out an additional rose and popped it over the base rose using silicone and molded it so I could get a 3D effect. The bow was seam binding and I made a stick pin using crystals to hold the multi loop bow together. The numbers were cut out of a beautiful pink paint chip sent to me from my dear friend in the USA and I used the PTI dies to cut them out. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set called Big Birthday Wishes I bought from Nikki Zipp of Paperchain. I embossed it straight onto the card, holding my breath that I did not make a blupsie! I used the Ranger Gold embossing powder for the first time and love it! Only thing, for the first time I burnt the powder in some places with the heat tool and it lost its lustre. Never happened to me before so I have made a mental note regarding this powder. 
The card inner was from the same dp as the front and again used the same HA set for the sentiment.
 Love this set!!

Turning 70 presents challenges to most of people, but Pat, who is the most brilliant seamstress and quilter I have the privilege of knowing, has now added swimming to her otherwise very busy lifestyle. She looks on this part of her life as a challenge to better herself and uses every moment to create inner fulfillment!
Now how's that for inspiration?
You go for it Pat!

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Moz. Just love it and I am sure Pat did too! hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really petty card Moz. Pat seems to be a very special lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Moz can see it has been made with someone special in mind and am sure she loved it .

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really pretty card the card background and designing is absolutely amazing....



    Scratch Cards
    clear business cards
    plastic cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, really beautiful card Moz. The design and colours are stunning - love it!
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz