Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Challenge sketch





I was really motivated when I saw the sketch at Wild Orchid Challenge blog - Challenge 23, Mums are special sketch -and decided to use it as an experiment. I have not used sketches often, but after using this one, will most definitely be following sketches in future. It went together in a blink - something very foreign to me, the worst procrastinator imaginable!



I used a digital image from Funky Kits - Nathan, and coloured him with Copic's. As this is a small card - 12cm square - I had to be careful with balance and sizes, so I cut the image with a square nestie and mounted it onto a Lace Square die cut contrast card and mounted it in a diamond shape.



All the card stock came out of a pack I bought some time ago. The sentiment is from a PTI set called Delightful Dahlia and I used one of the new Spellbinder Donna Salazar die sets called Creative Page Tabs.



Sadly I cannot enter is into the challenge as you need to use a Wild Orchid product and that is one place I have not shopped at yet!



I enjoyed it nevertheless and hope you like it.



Thanks for the visit.








2 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD!!! this is absolutely gorgeous my friend, and you are right, sketches make the putting together of a card so easy. i love that your cards are always so elegant and really unclutered, wish i could have some of that restraint, i always gotta add lots of drek!
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Oh this is so precious. Adorable.
    Thank you for taking part in my little Giveaway and yes, I remember that someone became a Follower and noticed they are from South Africa. Lovely to put a face and blog to those details.
    Have a lovely Saturday.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz